Summer is here, and it’s time to take care of your skin. With the heat and humidity, our complexion can become dry, flaky or even break out. But don’t worry! We have some tips for you on how to keep your summer skin healthy and glowing. Let’s get started.
How to Keep Your Skin Healthy in Summer:
1. Drink plenty of water – Staying hydrated is essential during the hot months. It helps flush out toxins from your body and keeps your skin supple. Aim for at least eight glasses a day.
2. Use sunscreen – The sun’s rays are strongest during summer, so protect yourself with SPF 30 or higher. Apply it every morning before going outside.
3. Moisturize regularly – In the summertime, your skin may need more moisture than usual. Use a lightweight lotion after showering or washing your face.
4. Exfoliate once a week – Removing dead skin cells will help reveal brighter and smoother complexion. Choose an exfoliator that suits your skin type.
5. Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep can cause puffiness under eyes and dullness on the skin. Try to get seven hours of shut-eye each night.
Summer Skin Care Routine:
Here’s a simple routine you can follow this summer:
1. Cleanse – Wash your face with a gentle cleanser in the morning and evening.
2. Tone – After cleansing, apply toner with a cotton pad to remove any remaining impurities.
3. Moisturize – Use a rich cream or gel moisturizer all over your face and neck.
4. Protect – Sunscreen should be applied daily, even if it’s cloudy outside.
Tips for Dry Skin in the Summertime:
If you have dry skin, try these tips:
1. Use a humidifier – Adding moisture to the air can help soothe dry patches.
2. Take warm showers – Shorten your showers but turn up the temperature to open up your pores.
3. Use oil-based products – Lotions might not work as well on very dry skin. Instead, use oils like jojoba or coconut.
Remember, taking care of your skin doesn’t have to be complicated. By following these simple steps, you can keep your complexion looking healthy and glowing all summer long. So go ahead and enjoy those sunny days while keeping your skin happy too!