Are you experiencing poor sleep at night? If you are looking for natural ways, try enjoying the benefits of chamomile tea at night to help you sleep.
You’re unable to rest right, which makes you feel tired in the morning? There’s nothing worse than not being able to sleep well during nighttime.
Are You Having Trouble Falling Asleep?
Insomnia can keep your body from replenishing its energy levels and repairing itself, which explains why you feel so bad in the morning the next day. If this goes on for several nights in a row, you will end up feeling exhausted, irritated, and nervous, not being able to focus on anything and experiencing difficulties in completing even the simplest tasks.
Sometimes, changing your bedtime routine could help you rest better at night. For instance, try having dinner two hours before going to bed. This will give you plenty of time to digest your food. Going to bed with a full belly won’t allow you to rest properly.
Stay away from any kind of screen for about one hour before bedtime. This means to shut down your TV, stay away from laptops and computers, and put away your mobile device. It was discovered that instead of helping you relax screens can actually increase restlessness.
Try having a warm shower or footbath, while listening to soft music. Perhaps even reading a few pages of a book can help you unwind. While getting ready for bed, prepare and enjoy a cup of warm chamomile tea.
What Are the Benefits of Chamomile Tea at Night?
It is believed that chamomile can help fight insomnia, due to its calming effects. These effects are provided by an antioxidant contained by chamomile, known as apigenin. Apigenin is considered a mild natural tranquilizer, capable of reducing stress and anxiety while providing sleep-inducing properties.
Several studies were conducted regarding this aspect, and subjects that drank chamomile tea at night for several weeks noticed an improvement in their sleep quality, compared to those that did not drink this tea. Of course, further studies are needed until the effects of chamomile on sleep quality are proven, but still, it is a good cup of tea you can enjoy if you’re having trouble falling asleep.
Besides helping you fight insomnia chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory properties as well and could fight against anxiety also. All in all, these are very good reasons to enjoy a comforting cup of chamomile tea in the evening. Not to mention that its flavor is soft and soothing.
Adding Chamomile Tea to Your Bedtime Routine
To calm down and relax before bedtime, try pairing a warm footbath with a cup of chamomile tea. You may be surprised by the calming effect of this combo.
The warm footbath will help you relax by stimulating circulation while the chamomile tea will warm you, reducing the effects of stress and anxiety. If you avoid looking at screens during this ritual, without a doubt you will feel sleepy, more than ready to hit the sack.
A simple ritual like this one could help you wake up more refreshed in the morning. Also, to further improve the quality of your sleep and life in general, consider adding a workout routine to your schedule earlier in the day, as it will also boost your health and allow you to rest better at night.
Chamomile Tea Benefits Video
From the Video: Hi guys. In this video, I want to talk about a tea that’s been around for 5,000 years. The chamomile tea. It’s really good for nervous tension, anxiety. It’s a calming type tea.
Great for muscle cramps. Skin health, it’s more effective than hydrocortisone cream for eczema. It’s quite amazing. Digestive health, heartburn, IBS, gas, bloating. Good for sleeping in general, so don’t consume this right before a long road trip because you might fall asleep.
Kidney stones, ulcers, gallstones. Take one cup boiling water, add one teaspoon of this stuff and seep it for five to seven minutes. Now, if you want more of a calming effect, just leave it in there longer.
19 Health Benefits and Uses of Chamomile Tea
1. Chamomile tea is known as one of the most calming and soothing drinks in the world. It was originally used Ancient Egypt as a cure for fever. Drinking this every day has some excellent health benefits for the human body.
2. Chamomile flowers are taken from different daisy plants such the Chamaemelum nobile or Matricaria chamomilla. These can be used fresh or dried and are steeped in hot water to make a herbal tea.
3. Many people use chamomile tea for anxiety and as a powerful natural way to lower stress. Chamomile flowers release natural compounds in to the water which calm the nervous system and make you feel relaxed. You can also apply chamomile oil to the temples to reduce anxiety.
4. The active compounds called chamazulene, apigenin, and bisabolol in chamomile tea are responsible for its calming effect. These also help to lift the mood, treat depression and will help you to sleep easier at night.
5. Chamomile tea is also an excellent source of antioxidants which reduce inflammation in the body by fighting the effects of free radicals. This naturally reduces pain and swelling and has an anti-aging effect.
6. If you are trying to lose weight then it is recommended to drink herbal teas regularly. Chamomile tea helps to balance blood sugar levels and tap into your own body fat for energy. It reduces inflammation in the pancreas and helps you to break down more foods.
7. Drinking the tea can aid in reducing dangerous spikes in blood glucose levels.
8. Women who suffer with painful menstrual cramps should consider drinking chamomile tea. It contains certain compounds that increase glycine in the body. This relieves muscle spasms, cramps and relaxes the nerves.
9. If you are suffering with a cold or have a blocked nose then you can make a steaming solution to unblock your nose and relieve a sore throat. Simply fill a bowl with hot water and add some chamomile and other healing herbs. Place a towel over your head and breathe in the steam to calm the sinuses and lungs.
10. There are ointments available which contain chamomile for treating cuts and wounds. Chamomile creams can be applied to the skin to promote faster healing. Studies also show that chamomile ointment is more effective at treating eczema and other skin conditions than hydrocortisone cream.
11. You can also purchase chamomile room sprays or use chamomile oil in diffusers or oil burners. These scents create a calming aroma in the room which helps to calm the body and mind.
12. Drinking chamomile tea and other herbal drinks like Matcha or Blue Tea is a great way to reduce arthritis pain in the joints, and also muscular pain in the back, legs, chest and arms.
13. It was historically used to destroy parasites in the body such as worms as Its natural chemicals can help the body to purge itself of these invaders
14. This drink also helps to soothe the digestive system and reduce problems such as heartburn, ibs, bloating, gas and constipation.
15. Be sure to avoid chamomile when driving or operating machinery, as it can make you relax and lose concentration. Use this for relaxation purposes and as a sleep aid at night.
16. If you suffer with kidney stones or gallstones then you should be consuming herbal teas like chamomile. It relaxes the urinary tract and allows stones to pass, and also reduces pain and tension in the organs of the body.
17. Chamomile also contains a natural compound called azulene which helps those who suffer with allergies. Azulene is a natural antihistamine and is very helpful for those with hay fever. German chamomile contains the most azulene.
18. Azulene oil is made from distilled chamomile and can be purchased online and in health stores. This is known as one of the best anti-aging oils for the skin and is commonly used to treat skin problems like acne. It is also used to soothe the skin after a waxing session.
19. Many people prescribe chamomile for dogs in the form of skin creams and oral supplements. This is used to calm irritation of the skin especially when taking the liquid extract of this flower.
Need Chamomile Tea Bags? Get them here.
Share on Pinterest